Saturday 5 December 2009

What a company!

At the moment I am working on a new production of Disneys Beauty and The Beast at the Ordway Theater in MN.
It is very rare in this business where you join a cast like this..... What I mean by that is, most of the time as an actor you forget why you started int his business in the first place.
The cast full of mostly local performers from the Twin cities, bring such a wonderful energy excitement to work.
It is a big change from working with a full cast of performers that often are jaded by the nasty hard nosed part of this business.
These performers at the Ordway are just thrilled to be here. LOVE the theater with such a youthful excitement that it becomes infectious. You can't help but be uplifted and excited with them.
How refreshing. Thank you to this cast for reminding me why I got into this business.
It is fun, silly. We have a chance to entertain folks and take them away from their day for a few hours. Make them laugh or even cry. How lucky I am to do what I do.
Though I know it may sound cheesy to some. For me it couldn't be more genuine.
I am thrilled to be here and love this cast.

I hope as performers we are all reminded from time to time why we got into this business
in the first place.





Check out Teatromusic.com for a major announcement coming!!!!


1 comment:

  1. I hope your enjoying doing "Beauty and the Beast" :)


    Check out my blog at: livtodance.wordpress.com :)

    cheers :)

    ReplyDelete